Shipping & Handling
No Hassle Returns
Revision Date: September 27, 2013
If you have registered to receive marketing communications from us and later change your mind, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing or promotional communications in electronic or printed form by writing to us or calling us at the Contact Us information set out below, or by sending us an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to email@example.com.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still contact you concerning your specific transactions and communications with us.
Information We May Collect
We may collect personal information, including your first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, text message address, transaction information, credit or debit card information, and birth month.
When We May Collect The Information
We may collect this information when you:
- make a purchase at our retail store, online or by phone;
- save your information with us online or visit our site (Cookies);
- sign-up for our loyalty program (where available);
- opt in for emails or request catalogs or other marketing materials;
- participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey;
- make inquiries concerning our merchandise or services;
- participate in any geolocation services we offer (e.g. to provide you with information about new store openings near you and inform you of new products and promotions that may be of interest to you.); and/or
- are referred to us through a third-party marketing promotion.
To review or update personal information you've provided previously, sign on to our site and click “My Account”. You may update stored information by clicking “Account Profile”. Be sure to “Save” once you've completed your changes. You may also call or email Customer Service.
If you purchase merchandise or a gift card for another person, we may also collect personal information concerning the recipient in order to fulfill your request. We will assume that you have the recipient's permission to use his or her personal information for this limited purpose.
How We May Use The Personal Information We Collect
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- process, track and fulfill your order and contact you about the status of your order;
- if you consent to join our mailing list, to
- tell you about and administer our contests, sweepstakes and promotions;
- send you emails, catalogs or other marketing materials about our merchandise or services; and
- send you surveys about our merchandise or services;
- send you emails and other materials about our loyalty program (where available).
- offer you geolocation services (e.g. to provide you with information about new store openings near you and inform you of new products and promotions that may be of interest to you.);
- respond to your inquiries regarding our merchandise or services;
- learn about your shopping preferences and improve your shopping experience;
- help us address problems with and improve our site and our merchandise and services; and/or
- protect the security and integrity of our site.
How We Share The Personal Information We Collect
We may share your personal information for the purposes described above in the following ways:
- In the event of the sale or a merger of White House | Black Market, information we have collected may be among the assets transferred.
- With our affiliated brands. Visit www.chicosfas.com for a list of our brands, which currently includes Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma, and Boston Proper.
- We may share certain personal information with companies who provide certain services to us such as shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, and promotions management. We share only that information necessary for these companies to perform their requested services. Additionally, these companies are contractually obligated to protect this information and to use it for no other purpose.
- With co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
- With reputable companies whose products we believe may be of interest to you. We share only first and last names and mailing addresses but not email addresses.
- With law enforcement upon request, as required by applicable law (such as by court order or subpoena), if necessary in connection with a fraud investigation, or to protect and defend our customers' and our interests.
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws.
Our site uses “cookies” which are small data files stored on your computer's hard drive or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies may be used in a variety of ways which enhance and personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. For instance, cookies allow us to remember what's in your shopping cart, recognize you when you return to our site, track your orders, and monitor and maintain information about your visits. You may set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you receive cookies. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will need to re-enter your personal information each time you decide to make a purchase online.
Third Party Ads
We use a third party provider to place our internet ads. The provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our site and your interaction with our products and services. The provider may also use information about your visits to this and other sites to target advertisements for merchandise and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. The provider does not know your first and last name, address, phone number, email address or any of your other personally identifiable information. If you would like more information about this practice and your option to not have this anonymous information used by our third party provider, click here.
We use various technologies and processes to help protect your information. Information such as your credit or debit card account number is transmitted through a secure server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, absolute security can never be guaranteed.
We will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your information. Never include your credit or debit card number or other sensitive information in an email as it is not a secure means of transmitting information. We will only request such information during secure transactions on our site.
It is your responsibility to safeguard any password you create to access “My Account” and to sign-out when your visit is complete.
Links To Other Website
Our site is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that information has been submitted by someone who is under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, we will not use it. The child's parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected such personal information and we will delete it from our files.
If you reside or are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Your use of this site or submission of personal information will constitute your consent to the transfer of personal information outside of your home country. For more information about our policies and practices related to the use of foreign service providers, please contact our Privacy Officer as described below.
Updating and Modifying Your Communication Preferences
If you wish to update, delete or modify your personal information or do not wish to be contacted via email, direct mail and/or telephone, please make changes to “My Account” online or contact Customer Service. Provide your exact name and postal or email address so that we may identify you accurately. You may also “unsubscribe” from our email by using the link provided at the bottom of each email. If you ask us to remove you from marketing lists, we will maintain you on a “do not contact” list to ensure that we continue to honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your “do not email” request. It may take up to 8 weeks to process your “do not mail” request because mailings are planned long in advance. If you purchase online, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status via email, postal address or telephone. If you change your mind about choices you’ve previously made, make changes to “My Account” online or contact Customer Service. (Contact Us)
White House | Black Market Customer Service
11215 Metro Parkway
Fort Myers, FL. 33966
Attention: Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
888.550.5559 (TDD hearing impaired)